3 Fun Fall Activities for Seniors
Fall is a great time to do things outdoors. Throughout much of the United States, the weather is milder, not too hot or too cold. This makes the...
6 Health Services Not Covered by Medicare
One of the things that makes Medicare such a useful health care solution for seniors and eligible citizens is the comprehensive coverage that it...
How You Can Pick Up Writing
Whether you have ambitions to be the next great American novelist or you’ve read our article on how healthy of a hobby writing can be for you,...
Dishes to Impress Your Friends: Coq au Vin
Are you looking to test yourself in the kitchen with a new recipe? How about one that you can show off to your friends and family when you’re...
Embrace Your Inner Hemmingway: Why Seniors Should Write
Writing is a popular hobby for millions around the world. While we may not all become the next Stephen King or Agatha Christie, it can be fun to...
When to Seek Help for Your Weight
There are a lot of people in the United States that aren’t satisfied with their weight. Most of the time, this has to do with being overweight and...
Cooking for Beginners: How to Pick a Cooking Pot or Pan
When you’re getting ready to make dinner, you probably grab a specific pot or pan depending on what and how you’re cooking. Have you ever stopped...
Why Seniors Should Go Hiking
Hiking is a healthy hobby that many seniors can, and we think should, pick up. Today, we’re going to look at a variety of reasons why seniors...
What Cooking Oil Should I Use and Why?
The number of different cooking oils can be confusing. There are about seven different kinds of olive oil, alone! Does it matter if you’re cooking...
Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to Rome
We love traveling at Medicareful Living. It can expand your perspective, keep you learning and active, and create memories that last a lifetime....
Is the Mediterranean Diet Healthy for You?
We’ve looked into and analyzed a few diets in the past. While none of them have been magic bullets for weight loss and health, they all have their...
What's the Difference Between an HMO and a PPO?
When you use a Medicare plan finder tool like Medicareful or work with an insurance agent, you’ll often come across plans labeled HMOs or PPOs. But...
Getting Creative with Comfort Food: Eid al-Adha
This Saturday evening, August 10, 2019, is the beginning of Eid al-Adha, or the festival of the sacrifice. The second of the two major Eids each...
Is it Possible to Be Too Healthy?
To quote The Who, “too much of anything, is too much for me.” This is common sense for many things, but could it be true for your health? Are there...
Quick Home Remedies for Hiccups
Hiccups (or hiccoughs) can be annoying, especially persistent hiccups. You can hardly make it through a sentence before a weird spasm interrupts...
- CMS Releases 2024 Medicare Advantage and Part D Costs
- Can You Keep Your Medicare Plan Each Year?
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to Lucerne
- Is Expensive Cookware Worth It?
- The Drug Prices Medicare Can Directly Negotiate
- Does Medicare Ever Cover Cosmetic Surgery?
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to Barcelona
- How Does COBRA Work with Medicare?
- Different Ways Medicare Can Cover Drug Costs
- All About Enrolling in Social Security
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to the Madrid
- Does Medicare Cover Open-Heart Surgery?
- Exercise Tips for Summer
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to Lisbon
- Hosting a Safe Summer Barbecue
- Senior Summer Barbecue Tips
- Does Medicare Cover Biopsies?
- 5 Foods to Avoid if You Have High Blood Pressure
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to the Finger Lakes
- Does Medicare Cover Endoscopies?
- Ways Seniors Can Recover from a Workout
- Is Chocolate Healthy for You?
- Understanding Adult ADHD
- How Does Medicare Cover Hypertension?
- The Symptoms and Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
- How to Determine What Temperature to Use When Cooking
- Eating Healthy on a Budget
- Keeping Fit on Vacation
- Is Your Tonsillectomy Covered by Medicare?
- Tips for the Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Kitchen First Aid Tips
- What Does FDA-Approved Mean?
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Guide to New York City
- How to Caramelize Onions
- Why Do We Celebrate That? April Fools’ Day
- Medicare and Powers of Attorney
- The Essential Role of Eggs in Cooking
- What are Different Types of Complementary
and Alternative Medicine?
- Tips for Remembering to Take Your Medicine
- What is Medicare Part E?
- Building Your Basic At-Home Senior Gym
- How to Make Stovetop Popcorn
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to New Orleans
- How to Navigate & Read Academic Articles
- Phytonutrients: What Plant Color Says About Nutrition
- How to Prevent or Reduce Inflammation
- Osteoporosis: Risk Factors, Signs, and Treatment
- How to Make Homemade Pretzels
- Researching Your Ancestry and Family Tree
- How Medicare and Social Security Work Together
- What is Nordic Walking?
- Food Questions You've Been Embarrassed to Ask
- How Medicare Changed for 2023 and Beyond
- Tips for Using a Microwave
- How to Clean Your Ears Safely
- Skiing as a Healthy Hobby for Seniors
- 3 More Great Places to Celebrate New Year's Eve
- Why Do We Celebrate That? More New Year's Eve Traditions
- Panettone, the Italian Christmas Dessert
- A Simple Homemade Gingerbread Recipe
- How to Make Christmas Decorating Jollier
- The Science of Winter Weight Gain
- Seasonal Picks: 3 Foods You Should Try This Winter
- 5 Tips to Make Getting Your Christmas Tree Stress-Free
- Show-Stopping Potato Side Dishes for Thanksgiving
- Dishes to Impress Your Friends: Boeuf Bourguignon
- Holiday Travel Tips to Reduce Stress
- Does Medicare Cover Pain Management?
- Is Hunting a Healthy Senior Hobby?
- Ways You Can Get More Politically Involved
- What are Medicare's Lifetime Reserve Days?
- Spooky Spots for Seniors Halloween 2022
- How to Make Soul Cakes for Halloween
- Jack O' Lantern Carving Tips for Halloween
- Easy Ways to Peel a Potato
- 2023 Social Security COLA Largest in Decades
- Exercise Tips for Autumn
- How to Make Candy Apples at Home
- Why are Medicare Insurance Sales Calls Recorded?
- Here's What Medicare Costs in 2023
- CMS Updates Medicare Enrollment Rules for 2023
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to London
- Does Medicare Cover Insomnia Treatment?
- Healthy and Easy Homemade Dog Treats
- The FDA Finalizes Ruling to Increase Access to Hearing Aids
- What the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 Means for Medicare
- Tips to Make Flying and Airports Less Stressful
- CMS Projects Lower 2023 Part D Average Costs
- The 15 Golden Rules of Airplane Etiquette
- How Often Should You Shower?
- What are Medicare Pilot Programs?
- How to Care for Your Cast Iron Cookware
- Confronting a Loved One About Hurtful Behavior
- What Does Creditable Coverage Mean for Medicare?