Charles Bonnet Syndrome: Diagnosis and Care
You’re taking care of your visually-impaired mother. It’s just the two of you, and you’re fixing up some lunch while she’s watching TV in the other...
5 Ways to Get Dual Citizenship
We recently discussed why you may want to claim dual citizenship if it’s available to you. It’s all well and good to know why it’s worthwhile, but...
The Benefits of Healthy Proteins
For many Americans, proteins are the central focus of our meals. If dinner was a football team, the protein would be the quarterback. In other...
What is Dual Citizenship?
If you were born in the United States, you may have only ever thought of yourself as American. But one of the beautiful things of our country is...
Do Doctors Have to Disclose Conflicts of Interest
When we go to our doctor, we like to trust that the medical advice they’re giving us is what’s best for us in their medical opinion. Conflicts of...
Mood Foods: A Breakfast That Boosts Your Mood
Let’s say you’re feeling a little down today. There’s nothing specifically wrong, but you’ve just woken up and you’re in a bit of a bad mood. It...
Mood Foods 2: More Foods That Boost Your Mood
There are many foods out there that can make you happier just by eating them. Usually, this is because the meal was really, really tasty, but...
How Does Prior Authorization Affect Medicare Coverage?
If you’ve had Medicare coverage for a while, there’s a chance you may have run into something called prior authorization. Prior authorization can...
Mood Foods: Foods That Boost Your Mood
We all feel a little down sometimes. With all the benefits of being happy, though, it’s important that we try to reduce the amount that we feel...
Internet Safety Tips for Seniors
The internet can be a wonderful, informative, and entertaining place. It can’t be all bad — Medicareful Living is there, right? But for all the...
Common Causes of Incontinence in Seniors
Incontinence may seem like an embarrassing condition to have. It’s losing control of your body, and something you don’t really want to talk about...
5 Ways to Warm Up Quickly in the Winter
Throughout the winter, depending on where you live, we can expect it to be cold. Not only is this a comfort issue, it can be a safety concern as...
When Can I Get a COVID-19 Vaccination?
With the approval of two vaccinations to combat the coronavirus pandemic in the United States, and more possibly on the way, there have been a lot...
Energy Drinks: Are They Bad for You?
Drinking an energy drink is an incredibly popular way to get a boost of energy. The leading energy drink brand, Red Bull, sold 7.5 billion cans in...
Finding a Purpose Makes You Happier, Healthier
For many people, finding a purpose is one of the great goals in life. Whether it’s family, religion, or whatever gets you up in the morning, your...
- CMS Releases 2024 Medicare Advantage and Part D Costs
- Can You Keep Your Medicare Plan Each Year?
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to Lucerne
- Is Expensive Cookware Worth It?
- The Drug Prices Medicare Can Directly Negotiate
- Does Medicare Ever Cover Cosmetic Surgery?
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to Barcelona
- How Does COBRA Work with Medicare?
- Different Ways Medicare Can Cover Drug Costs
- All About Enrolling in Social Security
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to the Madrid
- Does Medicare Cover Open-Heart Surgery?
- Exercise Tips for Summer
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to Lisbon
- Hosting a Safe Summer Barbecue
- Senior Summer Barbecue Tips
- Does Medicare Cover Biopsies?
- 5 Foods to Avoid if You Have High Blood Pressure
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to the Finger Lakes
- Does Medicare Cover Endoscopies?
- Ways Seniors Can Recover from a Workout
- Is Chocolate Healthy for You?
- Understanding Adult ADHD
- How Does Medicare Cover Hypertension?
- The Symptoms and Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
- How to Determine What Temperature to Use When Cooking
- Eating Healthy on a Budget
- Keeping Fit on Vacation
- Is Your Tonsillectomy Covered by Medicare?
- Tips for the Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Kitchen First Aid Tips
- What Does FDA-Approved Mean?
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Guide to New York City
- How to Caramelize Onions
- Why Do We Celebrate That? April Fools’ Day
- Medicare and Powers of Attorney
- The Essential Role of Eggs in Cooking
- What are Different Types of Complementary
and Alternative Medicine?
- Tips for Remembering to Take Your Medicine
- What is Medicare Part E?
- Building Your Basic At-Home Senior Gym
- How to Make Stovetop Popcorn
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to New Orleans
- How to Navigate & Read Academic Articles
- Phytonutrients: What Plant Color Says About Nutrition
- How to Prevent or Reduce Inflammation
- Osteoporosis: Risk Factors, Signs, and Treatment
- How to Make Homemade Pretzels
- Researching Your Ancestry and Family Tree
- How Medicare and Social Security Work Together
- What is Nordic Walking?
- Food Questions You've Been Embarrassed to Ask
- How Medicare Changed for 2023 and Beyond
- Tips for Using a Microwave
- How to Clean Your Ears Safely
- Skiing as a Healthy Hobby for Seniors
- 3 More Great Places to Celebrate New Year's Eve
- Why Do We Celebrate That? More New Year's Eve Traditions
- Panettone, the Italian Christmas Dessert
- A Simple Homemade Gingerbread Recipe
- How to Make Christmas Decorating Jollier
- The Science of Winter Weight Gain
- Seasonal Picks: 3 Foods You Should Try This Winter
- 5 Tips to Make Getting Your Christmas Tree Stress-Free
- Show-Stopping Potato Side Dishes for Thanksgiving
- Dishes to Impress Your Friends: Boeuf Bourguignon
- Holiday Travel Tips to Reduce Stress
- Does Medicare Cover Pain Management?
- Is Hunting a Healthy Senior Hobby?
- Ways You Can Get More Politically Involved
- What are Medicare's Lifetime Reserve Days?
- Spooky Spots for Seniors Halloween 2022
- How to Make Soul Cakes for Halloween
- Jack O' Lantern Carving Tips for Halloween
- Easy Ways to Peel a Potato
- 2023 Social Security COLA Largest in Decades
- Exercise Tips for Autumn
- How to Make Candy Apples at Home
- Why are Medicare Insurance Sales Calls Recorded?
- Here's What Medicare Costs in 2023
- CMS Updates Medicare Enrollment Rules for 2023
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to London
- Does Medicare Cover Insomnia Treatment?
- Healthy and Easy Homemade Dog Treats
- The FDA Finalizes Ruling to Increase Access to Hearing Aids
- What the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 Means for Medicare
- Tips to Make Flying and Airports Less Stressful
- CMS Projects Lower 2023 Part D Average Costs
- The 15 Golden Rules of Airplane Etiquette
- How Often Should You Shower?
- What are Medicare Pilot Programs?
- How to Care for Your Cast Iron Cookware
- Confronting a Loved One About Hurtful Behavior
- What Does Creditable Coverage Mean for Medicare?